Thursday, March 8, 2012

Once

There are moments in life when your vision changes. These can be big moments or little moments. It can be a large shift or just a small one. I suppose it depends on how important it is that you see it happening. My biggest changes have happened in the smallest, most intimate moments for me. No, not in the bedroom. For me, they have happened when I have been witnessing a true and achingly beautiful moment on the stage. And it's typically through a tragically beautiful character in a tragically beautiful moment. Last night, I experienced one of these moments as I witnessed Once unfold onstage.

This story, through its emotionality and soul connection, touched me deeply through self recognition, awareness, and longing. Two people experienced and shared in five days the emotional connection most of us long for throughout our lives. There was not groping, panting, or fucking. It was just two people who, through the course of a week, emotionally changed each other's lives. For the better? I don't know, possibly. They came out wiser and with a more open heart. They came out with a desire to live and the courage to move forward.

I came out with a desire to live and move forward. To stop wasting time. To know that human connection is worth it in the face of the pain and heartache that it can bring. That opening yourself up is opening up your world. Don't sell yourself short. Believe in yourself and pull yourself up by your boot straps. Face it. Live it. Love.

With the right and unexpected connections, it's totally worth it. Scary, but totally worth it.

Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment