Saturday, November 13, 2010

Take A Chance On Me

I am taking a chance. I don't normally take chances. I go with the safe and secure option. No frills, no risks… no fun. I have missed out on many things by not taking a chance. Avoiding the risk. But I am trying to make that a thing of the past. I'm living in New York City! If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere, right? At least Sinatra says so. I am building on this "living in the moment" strategy. Saying yes instead of saying no. A lot easier said than done.

Since I've started this blog, I am seeing glimpses of the person I used to be and the person I want to be. I see her! It's just going to take time to wade through all of the crap that's in the way. All mental and emotional crap. It's funny how that piles up on you, just like the real deal. Do they have a show for emotional hoarders too? I would be on that in a heart beat.

So, I just signed up for a voice over training program that includes a demo. Yikes! This is completely out of my comfort zone and makes me nervous. Why? Because I have no real experience and have no connections. I am a terrible networker, but I'm doing it. With or without anyone's help. Because I'm going to take a chance on me.

Just ask ABBA.

1 comment:

  1. Could'a done without the ABBA earworm, but that so rocks that you've decided to shovel out from under the mental and emotional hoard and see the sun!

    ReplyDelete